Winter Storage Regulations for 2015-16:
1. The rate for Winter Storage is $14/foot of actual length.
2. A deposit for electricity of $150 is required per 30 amp electrical cord.
3. A Slip Application giving all pertinent information must be submitted to the Marina Committee by October 11, 2015.
4. Proof of insurance must be submitted to Marina Committee by October 11, 2015. All vessels in winter storage must have a policy which includes hull insurance, pollution and salvage coverage in addition to the $300,000 liability coverage.
5. Rent and electricity must be paid by October 11, 2015
6. If conditions 3, 4, and 5 are not met, the slip may be given to the next person on the list.
7. Inclusion in Winter Storage will be governed by Club Seniority. Actual Slip assignments will be determined by the Dockmaster and the Marina Committee with regard to safety to the boat and the Marina.
8. A minimum of one circulator per boat is required. It must be physically at the boat.
9. All power cords must run through an electrical meter. All power cords must be marine approved 30 amp cords.
10. All boats should be properly winterized as there is no guarantee of continuous electrical power.
11. Lines tying the boat must be of adequate diameter for the size of the boat. The Marina Committee recommends a minimum of 5/8" for boats under 30 feet, and 3/4" for boats over 30 feet. It also recommends the use of chafing gear and line shock absorbers.
12. All boats must be able to move into and out of the Marina under their own power.
13. The Owner is responsible for any damage to the Marina caused by his/her boat.
14. All other Winter Season Rules apply.
15. Failure to abide by the above Rules will make you subject to a $50/day fine and jeopardize your participation in Slip Picks for the following year.
Below are the forms for the Winter Storage. Please make sure that your read the Rules and the 2013 regulations before you put in an application
Town of Winthrop Waterways and Public Landing Rules and Regulations
Boston Harbor Tides
Marina Plan View (click to enlarge)
For any questions, the Dockmaster email is firstname.lastname@example.org and phone is 617-539-8322.
Temporary Slip Rental at WYC
The Winthrop Yacht Club offers TSR (Temporary Slip Rental) to it's members who do not have seasonal slips. These rentals are on a space available
basis and cost $8/day
. You can rent the slip for as long as you desire, provided that there is space available. To allow equal time for all who have no slips, you may be asked to empty your slip in order to make space for another member, who has not been in yet.
Since all slips have seasonal owners who may bring in their boats, and there may be more requests than available slips, you will have to be ready to move your boat within 24-48 hours of notification.
In order to be able to TSR your boat at the Winthrop Yacht Club,you will need the following:
- Have your boat registered with the Marina Administrator.
- Have a copy of your valid Registration and insurance, which includes a liability coverage of at least $300,000 submitted to the Marina Administrator.
- Be available to move your boat within 1 day of notification by the Dockmaster.
- It is strongly recommended that you subscribe to the Win-YC email list. All announcements are published there. Instructions on how to join can be found on the main WYC website, win-yc.org
If you did fill in your a slip application, your boat is registered at the WYC automatically. if not, please fill in the form in this link and submit it to the Marina Administrator.
Submittal of these forms can be done either by enclosing a copy in the Black Box
between the Commodore's Locker and the Wisely Room, or faxing them to (206) 376-1913.
You need to send an email 2-4 days prior to your desired date to the Dockmaster, requesting a slip with your arrival, and estimated departure dates. If you don't have access to email, or your request is immediate, you can call 617-539-8322.
The Dockmaster will respond to you with your assigned slip location in the marina. See image above.
After you bring in your boat, you need to go to the club lounge area and find the following TSR sli with your name on itp:
This slip is available in the glass cabinet at the entrance of the lounge area.
- If you can not find the slip, contact the Dockmaster, or a member of the Marina Comittee, who fill fill out your slip according the the data posted on the wall
- Bring it to the bartender, and pay for at least two weeks, or the duration of your stay if it is less than two weeks. The TSR rate is $10/day. The bartender will give you a white cash register slip, and the pink and yellow copies of the form.
- Return the pink copy to the slot above the TSR slips on the wall and keep the yellow copy and the white slip for yourself. This is your proof of payment should there be a question.
We do require that the TSR fees are paid two weeks in advance. If you are staying for more than two weeks, please make sure that you have a positive running balance by making at least bi-weekly payments in advance.
It is important that you inform the Dockmater
via email (preferred) or phone the day you bring your boat into the slip, as well as the day you leave.
Please don't leave the docks without paying the remainder of your balance,
as that will jeopardize your ability to TSR for the rest of the season.
If you have any questions on the TSR procedure, please feel free to email email@example.com
or call (617) 539-8322